When do you need a Registered Building Contractor?
We encourage DIY projects – they’re good for the soul and the pocket! But please keep in mind that the following work needs to be left to a professional registered building contractor.
- When a building permit is required* this includes:
- The construction, erection, assembly or placement of a building or an incidental structure;
- The renovation, alteration, extension, improvement or repair of a building or an incidental structure;
- The assembly, reassembly or securing of a relocated building or a relocated incidental structure; or
- The changing of ground levels and site works associated with one of the above points.
- To fully determine whether a building permit is required you must seek advice from the relevant local government permit authority.
- If the value is $20,000 or more; and
- If carried out in a prescribed area of the state.
For more info visit: https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/publications/do-i-need-be-registered-builder
If you’re in need of a professional we’re the registered builder to call!
We will do our very best at sharpening our pencils but rest assure we will always sharpen our saws! #qualityworkmanship
Builders Registration Number (BRN): 10909