Need more room? Considered a Granny Flat?
Granny Flat – Its the perfect backyard hideaway !
When it comes to renovations and extensions we find many people feel like adding more rooms to their exciting home is a bit of a fantasy. But please don’t put this idea in the too hard basket. White Building Co have written this blog to help give you an idea of additional options and costs for a Granny Flats. Yes! an independent dwelling, kitted out how you want it and you’ll be surprised with what can actually fit!
Details on a Granny Flat we completed
Giving you insight into this versatile option.
- Allowances for drafting and shire approvals
- Allowances for Earthworks, electrical and plumbing
- Termite treated Concrete floor
- Termite treated timber wall frames and roof timber.
- Colourbond iron roof, gutters and downpipes.
- James Hardi primeline weather boards to the exterior.
- Gyprock lined internal walls and ceilings flushed and finished with cove cornice
- Insulation batts to external walls and ceilings
- Glazed sliding door and windows
- Internal doors, frames and hardware
- Skirting to all areas
- Complete bathroom fit out
- Kitchen cabinetry allowance
- – No painting or Floor coverings include on cost as the client wanted to DYI.
Confused about which would be better a Studio or Granny Flat???